This blog has moved to: www.studio-paars.nl

July 5, 2012

* Felt cuff in red & black


I'm moving my blog; the new location of this post is: Studio Paars - Felt cuff in red & black

Mijn blog verhuist; de nieuwe locatie van deze post is: Studio Paars - Vilten “cuff” in rood en zwart

======================================================

I'm glad I got around to doing a little more embroidery lately (again partially inspired by TAST). This is another one of my felt cuffs; this time in blood red & black, with black flowers and thorny vines. A little grey to give it a little more life, and the backing is also in grey. And another vintage button from the grandmothers' stash :)
I liked the gothic-fairytale look in the end: it was a bit of a challenge to use a single colour, and I did compromise with the dark grey french knots, but I think it kinda works. What do you think?
EDIT: now available in my shop.
EDIT: it SOLD in less than 4 hours after listing! Yay :)

Eindelijk kon ik weer even lekker wat boduren (wederom deels geinspireerd door TAST). Het werd weer een vilten cuff: deze keer in bloedrood & zwart, met zwarte bloemen en doornige stengels. Een beetje donkergrijs om het wat levendiger te maken, en de achterkant is ook grijs. En nog een vintage knoop uit de oma's voorraad :)
Ik vind de gothic-sprookjes look wel mooi: het was een uitdaging om 1 enkele kleur te gebruiken en ik heb een beetje vals gespeeld met het grijs, maar ik vind het resultaat wel geslaagd. Wat vind jij?
EDIT: nu in mijn winkeltje te koop.
EDIT: hij is VERKOCHT, minder dan 4 uur nadat 'ie in de winkel kwam! Yay :)

felt cuff 'red & black' [#7]
felt cuff 'red & black' [#7]

linked at these parties:



16 comments:

  1. wauw, deze is prachtig! ongelooflijk hoe je zo fijn kan borduren.

    Grtjs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous cuff!! Love the embroidery, it is so pretty!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Best wishes from Australia,
    Tani:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cuff is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!!! Nice to meet you here!!!! I love Your felt cuff, and your art works are great. Thanks to have stopped by my little world. I will follow you with pleasure!!!

    Xx
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love your embroidery work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful embroidery! The black on red is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous! Your embroidery is sooo pretty!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing
    Donna @onceuponasewingmachine.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks for all the compliments :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. love those colors together and the pattern. A real show stopper. :D
    p

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh how I love those colours!! gorgeous.. :) thanks for linking in :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It turned out beautiful!!

    Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'.
    I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure
    to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is one gorgeous cuff! Love it!

    ReplyDelete