This blog has moved to: www.studio-paars.nl

January 8, 2012

* TAST 2012 #1

->I'm moving my blog; the new location of this post is Studio Paars - Embroidery stitches: Fly Stitch [TAST 2012 #01]
->Mijn blog verhuist; de nieuwe locatie van deze post is Studio Paars - Borduursteken: Vliegsteek (Basque Stitch) [TAST 2012 #01]

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

I had planned on joining Take A Stitch Tuesday because I saw the most beautifully stitched things around the net. I had always thought that embroidery was the same as crossstitching, and that seemed quite lame to me. But it turns out there's lots more! And I'm going to be learning all that :)

Ik was van plan mee to doen aan Take A Stitch Tuesday omdat ik soms de mooiste geborduurde dingen voorbij zie komen. Ik dacht altijd dat borduren niet verder ging dan kruissteekjes, en daar vind ik niet veel aan. Maar er is dus nog veel meer! En dat ga ik nu dus leren :)

tast 2012 #1: fly stitch

Week 1: Fly Stitch. I started a bit late because I still had to round up all the necessary equipment, but now I have actually started.
And I am so enjoying this! You start out awkwardly with a new stitch, but in no time at all (with a little help (read: ideas) from the website) you can make variations and it turns into something really fun. I absolutely recommend this to anyone who is thinking of doing 'something' with embroidery!

Week 1: "fly stitch". Ik ben lekker laat begonnen omdat ik eerst nog al het materiaal bij elkaar moest zoeken, maar nu ben ik dan echt begonnen.
En ik vind het toch leuk! Je begint onwennig met zo'n steekje, maar al snel (met wat hulp (lees: ideetjes) van de site) kan je er mee varieren en wordt het iets heel leuks. Ik raad het iedereen aan die ook 'iets' met borduren wil gaan doen!

also posted at:
pintangle


2 comments:

  1. http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2012/01/mommys-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with Show Your Stuff Last Week, I have this weeks edition up and running:

    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/01/show-your-stuff-6.html

    ReplyDelete