This blog has moved to: www.studio-paars.nl

December 26, 2013

* Needlebook #2


I'm moving my blog; the new location of this post is: Studio Paars - Needlebook #2

Mijn blog verhuist; de nieuwe locatie van deze post is: Studio Paars - Naaldenboekje #2

======================================================

needlebook #2
needlebook #2, a photo by Studio Paars on Flickr.

I made another needlebook; this one was supposed to be a gift for Sinterklaas but I had forgotten to bring it with me, so now I'm giving it this evening.
This one is a lot more photogenic than the last! Still I'm not sure if I should call it purple or blue.
It's made of sprookjesvilt or 'fairy felt' and I handstitched around the edges with buttonhole stitch. I used pinking scissors for the inside 'pages', added a couple of needles and wrapped it up with a length of embroidery thread in the colour I used.

I'm considering whether or not to make a bunch of these for my next craft fair, what do you think?

needlebook #2
needlebook #2, a photo by Studio Paars on Flickr.

Ik maakte nog een naaldenboekje; deze was bedoeld voor 5 december maar ik was 'm vergeten mee te nemen... Dus krijgt ze hem vanavond.
Deze is wat fotogenieker dan de vorige! Maar ik kan alleen niet besluiten of het nou paars is of blauw.
Het is gemaakt van sprookjesvilt en rondom gefestonneerd met borduurgaren. Deze keer heb ik de 'blaadjes' met een kartelschaar geknipt. Een paar naalden erin en een stukje bijpassend borduurdraad eromheen geknoopt en klaar.

Ik denk erover om er een stel te maken voor mijn volgende creamarkt: wat denk jij?

 
also posted at:
aglimpseinside allthingswithpurpose annemarieshaakblog anoriginalbelle apeekintomyparadise artsyfartsymama atozebracelebrations avisiontoremember bacontimewiththehungryhypo beacrafterxd becomingmartha bowdabrablog bystephanielynn cherishedhandmadetreasures classyclutter craftionary craftomaniac creatingmywaytosuccess creativejewishmom dianarambles diyhomesweethome flamingotoes flourmewithlove funkypolkadotgiraffe gingersnapcrafts gluedtomycrafts handmadeharbour handymancraftywoman homecoming homework ishouldbemoppingthefloor katherinescorner kitchentableart ladybugblessings lifeonlakeshoredrive lifewiththecrustcutoff livelaughrowe lovelycraftyhome madefrompinterest madincrafts moogly naptimecrafters navywifeypetersaboardtheusscrafty ourdelightfulhome piecedpastimes rainonatinroof raisingmemories rhinestonebeagle romanceonadime serenityyou seventhirtythree sewcando sewlicioushomedecor shabbyartboutique simplysweethome skiptomylou somedaycrafts sugarbeecrafts thebrambleberrycottage thecraftyblogstalker thededicatedhouse theidearoom thejennyevolution thewinthropchronicles threadingmyway tidymom

11 comments:

  1. I need a needle book so badly and I always think I'm going to make myself one and I never do. This is sweet and simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      This one is real easy to make as well (hmmmm - maybe I should make a little tutorial?)

      Delete
    2. yes please! and yes, make them for a craft fair - they are a lovely gift idea.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your cute project at CAL link party! It's featured this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea!! Thanks for linking up to Take it on Tuesday!!
    ~ Betsy @ Romance on a dime

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could do with a new needle book. The hand stitching around the edges looks so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice design. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great, I think people would love to buy one at your fairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your link over at Handmade Harbour and popped over to say hello, so glad I came by to see your lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! Thank you for sharing it with us! Pinned to the party board.

    Marti

    ReplyDelete