This blog has moved to: www.studio-paars.nl

September 25, 2013

* Big news!


I'm moving my blog; the new location of this post is: Studio Paars - Big news!

Mijn blog verhuist; de nieuwe locatie van deze post is: Studio Paars - Groot nieuws!

======================================================

Well... big news for me anyway :)
In a couple of weeks I'm doing my first ever (real) craft market! I'm so excited - and more than a little terrified as well.

I did a couple craft fairs a few years ago, but those were tiny (I did a couple of libraries and a retirement home) and also free of charge for the vendors. This one I have to pay for my stall so I will at least need to sell that much haha! And it's a full day - the others were only a couple of hours.

Like I said, I'm really excited and also worried that a. I'll sell nothing; b. my stall will be dull; c. I won't have nearly enough stuff to fill it; and so on...

Anyway, for now I will just have to start crafting like crazy to make as much stuff as possible. Here is a little start: the pincushions I made so far. The idea is to fill up the entire basket with these colourfull little things.

Does anyone have any tips for me? Because I really want to make this a success!

pincushions
pincushions
pincushions

Nouja... groot nieuws voor mij toch in elk geval!
Over een paar weken ga ik mijn eerste (echte) creamarkt doen! Ik vind het super spannend - en toch ook wel nogal een beetje doodeng.

Een paar jaar geleden heb ik er een paar gedaan, maar dat waren bibliotheken en bejaardenhuizen: en paar uurtjes en zonder kosten. Dit wordt een hele dag én ik moet betalen voor mijn plekje, dus dat moet ik minimaal terug verdienen haha!

Zoals ik al zei, ik vind het super spannend en maak me uiteraard zorgen of ik a. wel wat verkoop; b. een suffe kraam heb; c. mijn kraam wel vol genoeg krijg; enzovoorts enzovoorts...

Maar goed. Nu moet ik eerst maar eens als een dolle gaan knutselen om zoveel mogelijk spullen te maken. Hier een beginnetje: de speldekussentjes die ik tot nu toe heb gemaakt. Het idee is om het hele mandje te vullen met deze vrolijke kleurige dingetjes.

Iemand nog tips voor me? Ik wil echt heel graag dat het een succes wordt!

P.S.: de nederlandse versie van de tutorial houden jullie nog even tegoed - maar hij komt er echt hoor!

7 comments:

  1. Are you coming to the Diezijn Leuk in Groningen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! Unfortunately.. I would love meeting some real-life bloggers there :)
      Groningen is a little too far for me: I live in the area of Den Haag.
      It's just a 'creamarkt' in a local shopping centre I'm attending.

      Delete
  2. Awwe shame. Well my top tips would be
    - don't over fill your stand, keep some products behind/under to top up as you sell, rather than stick everything out at once.
    - Have a neutral background so that all your bright products pop out.
    - Try to build height in your stand, this can sometimes be difficult, but think stacking wooden crates, coffee mug trees for keyrings etc.
    - Try to price things, sometimes it puts people off when they have to ask the price of everything.
    - Treats! I always have a bowl of marshmallows, people stop to pick one, kids stop parents to get one.
    - Don't (please!) just sit behind your stand playing on your phone. I do the Diezijn Leuk market twice a year for 3 years now, and the number of stall holders I see doing this is saddening. Stand up, smile at people, say hello, don't be a hard sales person, but be friendly.

    And my last bit of advice, believe in your product. Sometimes people will comment "its how much!" or "I could make that myself", let them think that, some people just don't know how long it takes to make things and that you don't just do it for free, but for a wage.

    So good luck at the market! I hope to see some pictures maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your markets - I'm sure you'll do well with your pincushions - such bright eye-catching colours!
    I also wanted to let you know that I featured your pincushions on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 173
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an avid craft fair vendor, especially around the holidays. The best tips I can share are:
    1. No two craft fairs are a like. What sells at one won't sell at another so don't get discouraged.
    2. Don't over-crowd your booth. If you need a lot of space, purchase two booth spaces. Most of the fairs I participate in are for fundraising so the booth fee is tax deductible.
    3. Presentation is key. If your booth is decorated nicely (props, black table linens, etc.) it will attract attention - and customers.

    Thanks for sharing your projects. CUTE STUFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips! I'm considering signing up for another one so these will proof helpful I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try a crafting fair as well, but I am too terrified. You are brave! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete